Monday, April 30, 2012

Lily's Birthday

I have to apoligize for being MIA these past 2 weeks but I was busy creating items for my daughter's 5th birthday this past weekend. I would like to share a picture of the cake that I made for her:


I was very pleased with how it turned out, and Lily LOVED it of course. I had many positive reactions to the cake.


I also attempted to make my first banner. I am happy with how it turned out, even though I forgot to put the flowers on that I made for it.



For the base I used Elegant Eggplant cardstock and embossed the Swirl Stamp ( from Creative Elements Stamp Set #122645 W / #122647 C ) with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (#101930).
I also used the Perfect Pennants Die (#123126) and cut Doilys from Daffodil Delight cardstock for under the Letters.

Watch for more updates tomorrow, thanks for visiting.


Happy Crafting,

Laurie




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake!! I'm sure your little girl was delighted. I'm your newest follower, and I hope you'll come visit and follow me too. www.stampandscrapwithbrenda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is incredible...was it all edible!? (those are plastic columns, aren't they?) I'd like to pretend to be so artistic with my Girls' cakes...but LOL not to this level of wow! I was just looking at agreat cupcake decorating book today at the Scholastic Fair at school...some wonderful ideas and how to's...sweetest page of shoes (the stiletto on one branching off from the cupcake was one of those Italian wafer cookies, so fun!)
    hope everyone had a fun time at the party,
    smiles,
    Laurie

    www.actofstamping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete